Thursday, February 18, 2010



I designed an arch to separate the living and dinning room when our house was built over ten years ago. I did not like the regular wall on the blueprints so I came up with this design. Since an arch was not easy to build and also time consuming, we had to pay extra for the builder to make it happen. Now the arch becomes part of our home and part of our life. We enjoy it every moment when we are home. Friends who visit our house all like the design—they agree that just a change in the wall shape adds to the artistic style of the rooms. It certainly can simulate a feeling of enjoyment. I like to decorate the rooms differently when there is a holiday or visitors are coming. Different decorations transform our feeling of the room, too. Through reading Susanka, I have learned the concepts of interior design and now can better understand the relationship of features of design and qualities of our experience. I am especially impressed with Susanka’s discussion of the role of shape and light. The reading has deepened my understanding of the role of my own design.

No comments:

Post a Comment